Friday, February 5, 2010

Life on the Mississippi

“Life on the Mississippi” by Mark Twain is an adventurous journey of life through the eyes of a young male living on the Mississippi river. I think that anyone who reads this story will be able to relate to it, because most people when they are young dream of being just like the superhero role model that they look up to. For Twain it was the steam boatman, not just the workmen on the boat but the man that got to drive it. A lot of people no days hit a point in their lives where they decide that it is time to “grow up” which to them means giving up all their childhood fantasies or dreams and going with a choice or career that is considered more reliable or safer. In this story Twain shows us that you can grow up and still live your dream. This story was especially interesting for me because I am at that point in my life right now when I must decide which path to take and which career to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment