Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Miss Daring Daisy

I found the story of Daisy Miller very interesting. I feel like I can connect to Daisy Miller, in a way that I somewhat do what I want regardless of what others think of me. I played boys baseball untill my junior year of high school. This was not always accepted, and I went through a lot of bullcrap just to make the high school boys team. Although there was a lot of commotion and I faced some pain I stuck through it. Daisy is a strong willed girl and seems to do what she wants regardless of what society views is lady like or not. Daisy is a free spirit, and some of her actions may be a result of having no father figure and this causes her desire for male attention. I don't believe there is anything wrong with being a flirt, but I do believe there is a problem with going out on the town with strangers. Daisy's mother is a bit of a push over, and i wouldn't know what that feels like because my mother is a retired senior chief. Therefore, I don't know how it felt for Daisy to not have an authority figure at all in her life. Daisy is different and takes her behavior to a new level, one that not many agree with but she is unique and that is rare to find.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with Cadet Stiffler, she reminds me much of Daisy Miller. She is a flirt but knows when to stop. When something is said about her, she just goes on with her day and if its something that needs to be taken care of then she will. When she has a mission she is going to get it done no matter what gets in her way. I like Daisy Miller and the role she plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this writing, Cadet Stiffler points out the disadvantages of going against the crowd or society in Daisy Miller’s case. Yet, even with all of the disadvantages that come with this, I would still make the decision of going against the crowd. I believe that people are too concerned about what other people have to say and are too scared to do what they really desire to do. As in Stiffler’s baseball example, she went after what she wanted even though others urged her not to. And in all honesty if you are happy with your life and with what you are doing, why not just keep doing it?

    ReplyDelete