Monday, January 25, 2010

Cavalry Crossing a Ford

So in the story of "Cavalry Crossing a Ford" it shows how the true cavalry did things in the day. it makes me feel like i was with the cavalry that day. I can image the cavalry resting by the lake side and the horses are going to get a drink of water to quench their thirst.During the following part of the poem it shows how the men were relaxing. Also the men were having fun just joking around and just chilling.Also the men were "brown[ed]faced" from the long amount of time being on a mission. The last sence shows the guide on the "scarlet and blue and snowy white" which represents the honor that the cavalry have. My thoughts are that the cavalry back then were the best of the best and that have a weak side too. The guide on always "flutter gayly in the wind" which shows how proud the young cav. was once. The cavalry now a day's usually don't ride horses but some do. Now they are light armor units that travels for a long time really fast just like the old cav. did. The colors on the other hand have always remained the same through out history.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Cadet Ma on his view of the story of the Cavalry that is portrayed here. I enjoyed how Ma brought out the visionary aspect of the poem and pointed out the adjectives that stuck out to him. I found that these same adjectives stood to me as well. I guess that happens when you enter the service. He continues to elaborate on the horses that the troops are on and how even though times have changed, the olden days of the Cav will never be forgotten. This is a most intriguing assessment of the story and I complement Ma on his understanding of the work.

    ReplyDelete